Sunday, April 5, 2009

A Life Lesson for Everyone Driving!

I bit the dust for the first time on my bike! Except for a couple of bruises, I mainly hurt my pride. It all happened on that same Alta hill going over the 215 freeway. I was looking back to see what happened to Jim (he usually speeds out way before me!) Well, I accidentally turned right into the curb and flipped right onto the sidewalk (it was concrete more than dust I bit!)
It was then that I remembered my mother's advice. Never try to adjust any children in the backseat while driving the car--pull over and STOP first. I think I just forgot my mother's advice can apply to many varied situations. So, do you want to see my "owie?"

PS Lesson to remember: Don't fix children in the back seat while driving. Pull over and stop first. Remembering this could save more than a little "boo-boo" on the knee!

1 comment:

Jaime Lynne said...

Wow! I am glad you are OK and I know you will be back on your bike soon.