Sunday, July 12, 2009

First Triathlon All Alone!

The triathlon was yesterday and I FINISHED all three legs on my own!
I have some good news, quite a bit, followed but some really, really bad news!
I swam in Lake Mead for 500 meters without sinking! Eric guided me to the shore with that famous "whistle" we have in the family! Then I rode my bike in up hill, both ways, in over 100 degree desert heat! Well, maybe not up hill all the way but there sure were lots of hills and I didn't stop once on the 13 mile bike ride! THEN with my bumm knee, I walked fast for most of the 3 mile run in about 107 degree temperature on hot asphalt path. Fortunately, I had plenty of water and stayed hydrated. I ran across the finish line (of course, you have to run then!) and FINISHED my very first triathlon race by myself! (I've done teams previously.) Eric said I was the oldest participant, not sure about that but I definitely was the slowest, coming across the finish line dead last! Everyone cheered me on to make me feel like I won a gold metal! Well, maybe I have in my own mind having finished the entire race feeling terrific! I was slow but I was feeling good the entire time. The pictures coming across the finish line were AWESOME! A friend took them with my new iphone.

Now the really, really bad news, I went swimming with my new iphone last night! Do you know what water does to an iphone?

No comments: